Tunes and Tales
Tunes and Tales
June 18, 2016
Tents on the green at Central United Methodist Church
The popular Tunes and Tales is back at Roots & Rhythm Music & Arts Festival offering fun for the entire family!
- Take a ride through history with The Wayne County Historical Society and the National Parks Service.
- Peek inside the cabin of a Delaware & Hudson canal boat.
- Experience daily life in the 1800s with our “Hands-on Homestead.” Dress up like a homesteader, touch real artifacts or play at our train table.
- Sing along with folk musician Dave Matsinko! Watch Dave play the guitar, old time banjo, mandolin and mountain dulcimer and hear traditional folk songs from the hills of Pennsylvania.
- Become a junior archaeologist for the day! Talk to Pennsylvania archaeologists, dig up artifacts and excavate your own buried treasure.
- Play old-time games like ugly apple bobbing, potato sack races and bean bag toss.
- Make a take-home craft of your own! Join us in making a Lenape noise maker or a homestead clothes pin doll.
- Lacwac Sanctuary will be doing a nature themed craft the entire day.
Special Guest: Littlebear! Come hear his tales offering a unique and authentic look into Native America’s heritage. Explore dance and music from the tribes of the Five Nations.
Hands-on history activities all day – for all ages!
11am- Dave Matsinko “Music from the mountains”
12noon- LittleBear performance
1pm – Make your own Lenape noise maker and story time
2pm- Littlebear performance
3pm- Make your own clothes pin doll and story time
4pm- Dave Matsinko “Music from the mountains”